Mr. Strop is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar and focuses his practice on construction-related litigation matters. Mr. Strop has successfully represented clients from all parts of the construction industry in state and federal courts, including multinational general contractors, multinational sureties, large-scale real estate developers, subcontractors, suppliers, manufacturers, professionals, consultants, insurers and property owners.
- Defended large multinational general contractors in actions with exposure in excess of $50,000,000.00.
- Represented large sureties in construction defect lawsuits with in excess of $40,000,000.00 in exposure.
- Represented a large multinational surety in a $20,000,000.00 performance bond claim which resulted in a complete discharge of liability under the bond in exchange for no payment or other consideration on the part of the surety.
- Successfully defended Florida construction lawyers against legal malpractice claims.
- Successfully defended multiple appeals, including the dismissal of a multi-million dollar claim in a surety dispute (through the Appellate and Petition for Writ of Certiorari phases), and the successful defense of a covenant not to compete.
- Obtained favorable final summary judgments for clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters.