Yasin Daneshfar focuses his practice on commercial litigation involving complex business issues, including bankruptcy.
Before joining the firm, Yasin clerked for the Honorable James Lawrence King, Southern District of Florida. He was involved with the Investor Rights Clinic, where he represented investors in securities arbitration claims against their brokers before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He was also a member of the Eleanor R. Cristol and Judge A. Jay Cristol Bankruptcy Pro Bono Assistance Clinic, where he represented low-income individuals in Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy cases. In law school, Yasin was a member of the Inter-American Law Review and the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board. As a moot court member, he was a semi-finalist at the E. Earle Zehmer National Moot Court Competition and the Fall 2011 C. Clyde Atkins Advanced Moot Court Competition.
- Successfully litigated a copyright infringement case to a favorable resolution for the client;
- Post-trial motions resulting in the reduction of a final judgment by more than $4 million;
- Reversal of two final judgments through the districts court of appeal;
- Denial of the award of attorneys’ fees for more than $1 million;
- Vacating a final judgment of foreclosure on a $7 million property.
- Representation of Francisco Javier Ospina Baraya, the grandson of former Colombian President Mariano Ospina Perez, in a defamation suit that arose over claims that the book, “The Infiltrator,” and its subsequent movie, falsely portrayed the client as a central figure of the Medellin drug cartel. In a case that went up against the book’s author as well as publishing powerhouses Penguin Random House and Little, Brown and Company, among others, a Florida Appeals Court sided with the client on the grounds that books and movies are not covered by a presuit notice requirement for defamation suits. The significant ruling sets a precedent for defamation law in the state of Florida.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- American Bar Association Business Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Dade County Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute