Yolanda Cash Jackson is an experienced Government Law attorney who has established a strong reputation in the community for her leadership and commitment to civic, charitable and professional organizations. She concentrates her practice in the area of Governmental Relations and has developed a proficiency in state government funding and appropriations. Ms. Jackson has excellent working relationships with several of the state’s leading elected officials and policymakers.
Ms. Jackson was elected to Becker’s Management Committee in 2010.
- Wanda and Janice Wilson Foundation’s 2019 Top Florida Lobbyist Award
- 2019 Hero of Liberty City Award Recipient
- 2019 Carole-Ann Taylor Legend Award
- Miami Herald 2019 Influencer Project
- The Daily Business Review Most Effective Lawyer Award 2018
- Legal Luminary Finalist by the Dade County Bar Association in 2017
- Inductee into the Children of Inmates League of Superheroes. The only non-elected, non-government official to receive this honor for the third time (in 2017).
- Women on the Move 2017 by Onyx Magazine
- City Year Miami Legal Professional of the Year 2017
- Florida Trend Magazine “Florida’s Legal Elite” 2016
- Gertrude Rush Award 2016
- St. Johns Community Development Corporation Inc., Chairman’s Award 2016
- National Organization of Black Elected Legislative Women President’s Award 2016
- Top 100 National Black Lawyer 2015
- Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce Woman of Distinction 2015
- Women of a New Tribe: Miami Icons
- Women Who Make a Difference Award – Junior League of Miami
- Keynote Speaker at the University of Florida Annual Association of Black Alumni weekend
- Broward Black Elected Officials Community Service Award
- ICABA Recognition Honoree Award; one of the 100 Most Accomplished Blacks in Law in South Florida
- Community Leader of the Year
- Distinguished African American Women with Vision, Dare and Care by Les Bonnes Amies Club
- Woman to Watch by the Sun Post Magazine
- In the Company of Women award presented by Miami-Dade County Commission on the Status of Women 2007
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division of Governors Government Affairs symposium 2007
- Jessie Trice Hero Award 2004
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
In 2019, Ms. Jackson delivered the commencement address to the University of Florida, Levin College of Law graduates. She serves on the boards of the 2016-2017 University of Florida Foundation and is a past serving board member on the 2009 University of Florida, Levin College of Law Trustees. She will serve as chair of the Miami-Dade Beacon Council’s Urban Initiatives Task Force (UITF) in 2020. Ms. Jackson is a past board member of the Orange Bowl Committee, the United States Senate Military Affairs Committee; the National Black Caucus of State Legislators, Corporate Round Table; the International Women’s Forum; and the Miami-Dade County Black Affairs Advisory Board Commission for Women.
Ms. Jackson is a co-founder of The National Black Lobbyist Association (NBPLA), a group launched in 2019 to promote diversity and inclusion in the lobbying corps at state capitols.
Ms. Jackson is a current appointee to the Florida Bar’s new standing committee on Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy.
Ms. Jackson is an active member on the Greater Miami Chapter of the Links, Inc., with special appointment to the National Legislative and Public Affairs Committee; Miami Alumni Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority; and the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, former Chair-State Advocacy Committee, and Leadership Florida.
Ms. Jackson acts as moderator on certain key panels and speaker on various television and radio talk shows pertaining to governmental and lobbying issues.