If you’re in the elevator business, the effortless and constant up and down momentum means business is good. But for community association boards and residents, elevator safety, maintenance, and even innovation can truly test one’s sanity.
Host Donna DiMaggio Berger challenges featured guest Todd Schwartz (Founder, Connections Elevator) to clarify the inner workings and ultimate impact of American society’s most prolific ‘people mover’ – and then invites him to explain how his interest in creating stability around elevators expanded to streamlining the installation of electric vehicle charging stations in communities around Florida.
Conversation highlights include:
- Are elevator consultants legitimate?
- What constitutes a typical elevator modernization project and how it differs from a repair project;
- How to address an elevator modernization or major repair project in a building with only one elevator;
- How to estimate ‘down time’ for an elevator modernization or repair project and the #1 thing to keep in mind before its undertaking;
- The biggest complaint Todd hears about elevator companies in Florida;
- How community associations can embrace electric vehicles – and their charging stations – while still appreciating how quickly technology evolves and needs to be replaced;
- How Florida laws are being adjusted to accommodate electric vehicle usage in the states 60K community associations, and so much more.
BONUS: Learn what a Shabbos elevator is from the very person who represented the U.S. in tennis during Israel’s Maccabiah Games.