More and more condominiums and HOAs are converting tennis and shuffleboard courts into pickleball courts but is everyone happy about the “pickleball mania” that has seized the nation? Join us this week as host, Donna DiMaggio Berger sits down with guest, CA Messana, a member of Team Phantom, a family run, small business dedicated to creating premium pickleball paddles and products that give players an advantage over their opponents and enhance their playing ability and enjoyment. Team Phantom strives to combine power, precision, and performance while focusing on the inclusive nature of pickleball that revolves around fun and friendships.
Conversation highlights include:
- What three sports form the basis for pickleball?
- What is the origin of the pickleball and its name?
- How complicated are the rules of the game?
- What are the types of equipment and clothing needed to play?
- What are the demographics for pickleball players? Is it more popular amongst one demographic than another?
- Is pickleball inherently noisier than tennis?
- Will pickleball ever be celebrated the way tennis is?
BONUS: Pickleball may be less strenuous than tennis but there’s still a risk of injury. Find out which injuries are most common.
About Take It To The Board
Think you know what community association life is all about? Think again. Residents must obey the rules, directors must follow the law, and managers must keep it all running smoothly. Take It To The Board explores the reality of life in a condominium, cooperative or homeowners’ association, what’s really involved in serving on its board, and how to maintain that ever-so-delicate balance of being legally compliant and community spirited. Leading community association attorney Donna DiMaggio Berger acknowledges the balancing act without losing her sense of humor as she talks with a variety of association leaders, experts, and vendors about the challenges and benefits of the community association lifestyle.
If you’ve got a question, Take It To The Board with Donna DiMaggio Berger – We Speak Condo & HOA!