Start: 11:00 AM
End: 2:00 PM
HOA/CONDO/CO-OP Board Member Certification Course
Everything you Wanted to Know About Being a Board Member…But were Afraid to Ask!
Provider #0000811, Course #9626099, 3 HR/ELE
Presented by: Yeline Goin, Esq., Elizabeth Lanham-Patrie, Esq. and Harry Carls, Esq.
If you plan on serving on your association’s board, you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected. Our Board Certification class is designed to satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to try and avoid liability.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
• Defining your fiduciary duty
• Analyzing association operations
• Understanding how to run a Board meeting
• Understanding how to handle records requests
• Dealing with residents who do not comply with the documents
• Correctly dealing with Board election issues
• Learning what the Board can do to maintain order
Sign-in starts at 10:30 a.m.
Lunch will be provided.
This class is complimentary, but seating is limited.
Registration is required.
*Please note there is no elevator access. To get to our event room, you must pass the front desk on your right, and walk straight ahead to the stairway.
For more information, please contact Susan Willett
at 407.875.0955 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Becker & Poliakoff
150 North Westmonte
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714