Curtis is a member of the corporate and securities practice group at Becker, where his practice includes complex corporate and tax matters, joint ventures, acquisitions and corporate restructuring, commercial transactions and negotiations, regulatory compliance and licensing matters, federal and state tax law, offshore asset protection planning, wealth preservation for high net worth clientele and business litigation.
He also has an extensive background in commercial and residential real estate transactions, including quiet title issues and boundary disputes, financing, loan modifications and workouts, and contracts from the negotiation stage through closing.
- Formation of corporations, LLC’s and partnerships, structural changes, mergers/acquisitions and reorganizations, advise on tax and corporate governance
- Form tax–exempt organizations including public charities, private foundations, hospitals, religious/charitable entities, and trade associations; corporate governance, compliance, and tax filings
- Joint ventures between for–profit and exempt organizations.
- Representation of non-profit organizations and boards.
- Preparation of agreements for sale of business organizations, conversion of for-profit/tax exempt organizations, employment/consulting agreements
- Federal and state tax controversy matters with the IRS and revenue departments of multiple states.
- Counsel health care facilities, financial institutions and directors with compliance, tax and regulatory issues
- Business controversies
Commercial and residential real estate transactions and title issues
- Estate planning, private foundations and charitable planning for high net worth individuals
- All aspects of probate, estate and trust administration, including litigation
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section; Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Authorized Title Agent – 1st American Title Company and Westcor Land Title Insurance Company
- Children’s Bereavement Center, Board Member, Finance Committee Chair
- Former counsel for Capital Medical Society
- City of Tallahassee Citizens Advisory Committee – Utilities (Board Member)
- TalTech Alliance (Strategic Partners for Advancing Technology), Member
- Martin County and Leon County Republican Executive Committees, Former member
Literacy Volunteers of Leon County, Board Member/board attorney
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Tallahassee Class XVI)
- College Leadership Tallahassee, Co-Founder and Chair of Funding Committee
- Legal Services of North Florida, Volunteer attorney for indigent clients