An unprecedented number of property owners in the Sunshine State are being abruptly dropped by their long-time carriers. Others are seeing premium rates increase by as much as 200% (or more!) while having to replace their roofs or pay for other expensive upgrades just to stay insurable.
What can be done to fix this statewide crisis?
Becker is bringing together a prestigious panel of Florida property insurance experts to offer their legal, legislative, and insurance industry insider perspectives on the state of Florida’s insurance crisis and what can be done to protect property owners’ interests.
They’ll answer your most pressing questions:
- How did Florida property insurance rates get so high?
- How did Citizens, the state’s so-called insurer of last resort, become Florida’s biggest property insurer?
- Is Self Insurance a viable option for Florida’s community associations?
- What is the Florida legislature prepared to do to control skyrocketing insurance costs and diminishing coverage options, and what can and should be done going forward?
- What role do community association managers and board members play in vetting insurance options?
This program is not eligible for CEU credit or certificate of completion.
Original Air Date: 11/02/23
Senator Jennifer Bradley
Florida State Senator, District 6
Vice President, Insurance Office of America