Perry M. Adair is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. His practice focuses on business litigation and land use with a focus on construction disputes and telecommunications issues.
Mr. Adair works with clients in a wide range of industries within the southeast United States. From major commercial contracting companies to hospitality management companies, from custom aquatics to telecommunications companies, Mr. Adair is skilled in ensuring commercial disputes are settled favorably for his clients. And where those mattes cannot be settled, Mr. Adair has established the reputation as a supremely effective trial advocate with an uncanny ability to bring the truth to light via focused cross examinations fueled by detailed preparation.
Mr. Adair has developed extensive experience in all aspects of wireless communications. He has been committed to getting many telecommunications facilities approved and on air, from handling the land use aspects of tower and roof top installations and litigation arising from those matters, to assisting local governments with the drafting of telecommunications related legislation.
In addition, his experience in construction law extends the scope of his expertise in the telecommunications arena beyond land use into matters that arise after a facility is approved, built and put on air. These matters include lease disputes that arise when a site requires modification and expansion to accommodate the evolution of telecommunications technology.
Mr. Adair has represented clients in almost every forum in Florida, from land use and zoning matters before Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners and Community Councils to municipal Planning and Zoning Boards and Commissions to State and Federal trial and appellate courts.
- Representation of a concrete company in a construction project involving a transit center at a major international airport
- Representation of major wireless providers and tower operators in all aspects of building out and maintaining their networks
- Representation of hospitality operators in the condominium hotel setting in a hotel program dispute
- Representation of a commercial electrical contractor in a dispute arising out of significant improvement of a section of a major highway
- Representation of a major home builder in a defect claim involving alleged drainage issues
In its first year identifying such attorneys, Florida Trend named Mr. Adair among its Legal Elite in the area of Civil Trial Law. This recognition was based upon a poll of Florida attorneys, who selected peers in the top 2% of their respective practice areas. He was named a Power Leader in Law by the South Florida Business Journal in 2017. In 2020, Mr. Adair was recognized by his peers as among the Best Lawyers in America© for Construction Law.
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Chair-Elect
- Chairman of Code and Rules of Evidence Committee of the Florida Bar