For those of you recovering from Ian, our hearts are with you, and our team is here to help your community in any way we can. That is why we are bringing you as much information as possible to help guide you through the process in the aftermath of Ian. Different locales face different issues, and we wanted you to be able to select the webinar that best fits your association’s needs.
For that reason, we have separated the content into three different programs, one focused on Sanibel/Captiva, one focused on Fort Myers Beach, and one focused on Lee County as a whole.
While there will be some content duplication in the three programs, there will also be some unique content in each. For example, the Fort Myers Beach program will include a presentation by Lee County Property Appraiser Matt Caldwell, who will be speaking about the recently passed property tax disaster relief law.
Rebuilding The Islands After Ian: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, What We Expect
ORIGINAL AIR DATE:
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Please join Becker to review important information as to next steps and a way forward for your community. Join our esteemed panel of attorneys and guest speakers for an interactive discussion. We will cover the FEMA 50% rule, Borrowing, Handling Insurance Claims, Project Management, Emergency Powers, and more. Specific Agenda Items will include:
- Observations on State of Sanibel/Captiva Recovery; Business and Tourism Outlook
- Association Lending; Trends and Credit Availability
- Boots on the Ground; What Are the Biggest Challenges and Concerns of Island Associations
- Latest on the 50% Rule and Permitting
- Insurance Issues: What Are the Rules When You Have Both Flood and Wind Damage; Claim Adjustment Process and Time Frame
- Project Management Legal Issues: Good and Bad Contracts; Avoiding Disputes and Liens; Role of Outside Professionals
- Association Governance Issues: Who Insures and Pays for What; Special Assessments and Loss Assessment Coverage; Board Emergency Powers
This program is not eligible for CEU credit or certificate of completion.
Joseph E. Adams
Ft. Myers Office Managing Shareholder
Aaron J. Pruss
Island Management Group
Founder and Chairman
Sanibel Captiva Community Bank
Director of Building, Chief Building Official
City of Sanibel
• Island Management Group
• Sanibel Captiva Community Bank
• Condominium Associations of Sanibel Island (CASI)