FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – June 24, 2016 – Florida law firm Becker & Poliakoff today announced that 15 of its Florida attorneys have been named among the top attorneys in the state for 2016 by Florida Super Lawyers.
The following Becker & Poliakoff attorneys appeared as Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in the specified categories:
Recognized as Super Lawyers:
- Joseph E. Adams, Real Estate (Office Managing Shareholder, Fort Myers)
- Michael E. Boutzoukas, Real Estate (Shareholder, Tampa)
- Herbert O. Brock, Jr., Construction Litigation (Shareholder, Fort Myers)
- Jeff P.H. Cazeau, Government (Of Counsel, Miami)
- Claramargaret H. Groover, Construction Litigation (Of Counsel, Orlando)
- Sanjay Kurian, Construction Litigation (Shareholder, Fort Myers)
- Steven B. Lesser, Construction Litigation (Shareholder; Chair, Construction Law and Litigation Practice Group, Fort Lauderdale)
- Steven H. Mezer, Real Estate (Shareholder, Tampa)
- Gary C. Rosen, Business Litigation (Firm Managing Shareholder, Fort Lauderdale)
- Robert L. Taylor, Real Estate (Co-Managing Shareholder, Orlando)
- Lee A. Weintraub, Construction Litigation (Shareholder; Chair, Public Private Partnerships; Vice Chair, Construction Law and Litigation, Fort Lauderdale)
Recognized as Rising Stars:
- Evan B. Berger, Business Litigation (Senior Attorney, Fort Lauderdale)
- Douglas Christy, Real Estate (Senior Attorney, Tampa)
- Jeremy C. Sahn, Business Litigation (Attorney, Fort Lauderdale)
- Michael S. Schwager, Business Litigation (Shareholder, Miami)
According to the publication’s website, Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Every candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual state-by-state basis.
About Becker & Poliakoff
Becker & Poliakoff is a multi-practice, multi-state commercial law firm providing strategic counsel to its clients – a diverse array of public, private and nonprofit organizations, and individuals. Established in 1973, the law firm currently includes more than 130 attorneys, lobbyists, and other professionals in 17 offices in Florida, New Jersey, New York and Washington, D.C. Our key practice areas include: Business Litigation; Real Estate; Community Association; Construction Law and Litigation; Government Law and Lobbying; and Corporate. Many of the firm’s attorneys are credentialed through industry and legal organizations, including more than 25 who are board certified as experts in their respective areas of law. For more about the firm, visit www.becker-lawyer.com to access the firm’s issue forums providing perspectives on timely legal and business issues.