Becker’s Construction Law & Litigation practice pushed the firm to the upper ranks of Construction Executive Magazine’s annual Top 50 Construction Law Firms. This national rating system measures and weighs:
- 2020 revenues from the firm’s construction practice;
- the number of attorneys in the firm’s construction practice;
- the percentage of firm’s total revenues derived from its construction practice;
- the number of states in which the firm is licensed to practice;
- the year in which the construction practice was established; and
- the number of AEC clients served during fiscal year 2020.
“We are thrilled to add this national recognition to the recent global Chamber ranking achieved by our construction law team,” said Gary C. Rosen, Becker’s Managing Shareholder. “Providing premium service to Becker’s construction clients drives this team of talented attorneys, and we are proud to see them recognized for their consistent contributions.”
Also included with this year’s ranking is a cover article entitled “Forging a Contract for a COVID-Exit World” which examines the post-pandemic state of the construction industry and how legal teams are aiding clients.
“Most prognosticators say that 2021 will be a strong year for the economy, but that possibility comes with many conditions and impacting factors,” Claramargaret Groover, veteran construction counsel, tells Construction Executive. “Fair and market-reasonable contracts are a must, but on the practical level – training, scheduling and holding safety meetings onsite and routine site inspections to maintain compliance are critical.”
Contract language, including updated force majeure clauses; dispute resolution strategies, covering litigation and its alternatives; and project planning while the world recovers are also discussed.
To read the full Construction Executive Magazine article, please click here.