Andrew Polenberg concentrates his practice on commercial litigation involving complex business issues, as well as business transactions.
Andrew served as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge John Fry, County Court Judge in the 17th Judicial Circuit in and for Broward County, and the Honorable Judge Patrick M. Hunt, Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Andrew was also involved in the Bankruptcy Clinic, where he aided low-income individuals in Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases.
- Represent Global Halotherapy Solutions, a company providing a holistic alternative therapy using vaporized salt for respiratory and dermatological issues, in litigation regarding breach of contract, intellectual property, and business torts.
- Represent Funcom Loan, LLC, as the lender of a failed loan collateralization in litigation for breach of contract and fraudulent transfers.
- Represent Freedom Steel Building Corporation, manufacturer and seller of prefabricated steel buildings, in arbitration for breach of contract.
- Represented Aircraft Systems Corporation in drafting transnational documents including Employment Agreement and Shareholder’s Agreement.\
- Representation of Francisco Javier Ospina Baraya, the grandson of former Colombian President Mariano Ospina Perez, in a defamation suit that arose over claims that the book, “The Infiltrator,” and its subsequent movie, falsely portrayed the client as a central figure of the Medellin drug cartel. In a case that went up against the book’s author as well as publishing powerhouses Penguin Random House and Little, Brown and Company, among others, a Florida Appeals Court sided with the client on the grounds that books and movies are not covered by a presuit notice requirement for defamation suits. The significant ruling sets a precedent for defamation law in the state of Florida.
- Nova Law Review Goodwin Editor Award for Exemplary Leadership, Mentorship, and Editorial Skills
- Pro Bono Honor Program Silver Distinction for Completing 125 Pro Bono Hours
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Dade County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar