Candace’s practice focuses on representing condominium associations, homeowner’s associations and cooperatives in collection and foreclosure actions. Ms. Solis’ practice also extends to representing creditors in bankruptcy actions. Prior to joining the firm, Candace practiced primarily in the area of insurance defense, representing businesses in personal injury litigation involving premises liability, negligent security, products liability, and motor vehicle accidents.
Ms. Solis previously served in the United States Army Reserves as Commissioned Quartermaster Officer overseas in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom from 2003-2005 and 2009-2010.
- Represented community associations in foreclosing on claims of lien or obtaining money judgments for unpaid assessments and fines.
- Represented community associations in obtaining surplus funds following foreclosure and tax deed sales.
- Defended bank foreclosures on behalf of community associations
- Represented creditors in Federal Bankruptcy Court to protect their secured status.
- Represented creditors in Federal Bankruptcy Court and State Court in preventing abuse of the bankruptcy system through fraud or serial bankruptcy filing.