Tyra has over seventeen years of experience in residential and commercial transactions consisting of real estate contract negotiations, closings, lease negotiations, easement negotiations, loan document preparation and review, survey and title matters, lender foreclosures, loan workouts and much more. Tyra handles both residential and commercial transactions throughout the entire State of Florida. If you have a real estate need, call Tyra Read.
Tyra is AV rated by the Martindale-Hubbell Directory, which is the highest professional rating based upon years of experience and endorsement by Florida lawyers in the areas of professional ability, ethics and conduct.
Tyra’s clients routinely provide feedback about the high quality of her work. One of her clients stated:
“Tyra took care of our case as if we were family”
Another client, Somero Enterprises Inc., said:
“Tyra provided more than legal guidance. When our existing “deal” began to look unfavorable, she provided a reference for a broker who found us the perfect solution in less than a week. With Tyra’s help, we closed on the right property in record time. Her responsiveness to our needs and the consistent attention to details made it possible.”
- Representation of multi-billion-dollar company that invests in real estate and real estate-related debt investments, non-performing loans and distressed assets consisting of complex commercial foreclosures and loan workouts of select portfolios throughout Florida, including out–of-state cross collateralization.
- Representation of developer in mixed office/ industrial / flex project in Cape Coral consisting of three 34,000 square foot industrial / flex buildings and 176,500 square feet of office space.
- Representation of developer in 262,000 square feet of industrial / flex space in Cape Coral.
- Representation of universities and technical colleges in variety of real estate-related matters, including development, easements and leasing.
- Representation of publicly traded fashion designing company in lease negotiations.
- Representation of homeowner, condominium and cooperative associations with multitude of real estate matters, including easements, encroachments, survey and title matters, financing, acquisition and development.
- Tyra was recognized by the American Institute of Legal Counsel and received “10 Best 2018-19 Attorney Client Satisfaction” designation for Florida Real Estate Law
- In 2010, Tyra was recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine as a “Rising Star” in the area of real estate. While up to 5% of the lawyers in the State are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars list.
- Tyra received the 2014 Cape Coral Construction Industry Association President’s Award, given for service to the organization and community above and beyond.
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Tyra is very active in the Southwest Florida community and has lived in Cape Coral since 1986. She is originally from the Buffalo, New York area.
- Current member of Women’s Council of Realtors (WCR) since 2018
- Currently serves has a member of the CCIM SWFL District comprised of commercial real estate professionals
- Served on the board of the Cape Coral Construction Industry Association (CCCIA) from 2011-2018
- Served on the board of the Cape Coral Community Foundation from 2013 to 2016
- Served on the Leadership Committee of Giving Alliance of Women from 2011 to 2017
- Member of the the City of Cape Coral Chamber of Commerce from 2015-2018
- Member of the CREW network, which is an organization advancing the achievements of women in commercial real estate
- Member of the Royal Palm Coast Realtor Association
- Member of the Real Property Probate & Trust Section of The Florida Bar
- Member of the Lee County Association of Women Lawyers
- Member the Southwest Florida Community Foundation
- Involved with HABITAT for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, Inc. and Women Build since 2012 and a Team Captain from 2013 to 2017.